Back to school means back to Math Facts for gradeschoolers. Whether they need to learn their addition, subtraction or times tables for the first time, or brush up on what they’ve forgotten over the summer, these free apps will make studying as painless as possible.
Madagascar Math Ops Free (4/5 stars)
*** The FIRST mobile game starring the Madagascar Penguins *** The Zoosters, Alex, Marty, Melman and Gloria, are in trouble, and it’s up to your child and the Penguins to save the day! Your child will help Skipper, Kowalski, Private, and Rico as they embark on a wild mathematical covert operation to free their friends from the enemy agents!
Your child will have fun by using intuitive, simple gameplay as they race to rescue the Madagascar gang. Hours of fun learning await your child as they solve mathematical problems and use special jetpack abilities to finish every level.
•Play along with the Madagascar crew—Alex, Marty, Melman, Gloria and those lovable Penguins — Skipper, Kowalski, Rico and Private!
• Play 15 levels of physics-based gameplay in New York with awesome types of jetpack ammo in the free version.
• Explore thousands of math problems ranging from 1st grade to 4th grade, consistent with the core educational standards for Mathematics. Practice addition, subtraction, multiplication and division with 3 difficulty modes.
• Power-ups upgrade the fun and help your child free the Madagascar Zoosters!
Upgrade to the FULL version to get many more exciting, fun levels and new places to unlock!
Math Slicer Free (4.5/5 stars)
Are you bored with math?
Tired of learning with traditional methods?
Flash cards to dull?
Timed tests lack excitement?
…well then, grab this great App!
For those of you who want to get better at basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division, this App is it! Slice or swipe your way to quicker processing of mental math problems! This game was built to promote growth of logic, reason, mental response time, and analytical thinking skills from Kindergarten on up. Math Slice is for school age children seeking a fun, new, and exciting way to learn math and adults who want to keep their mental edge while having fun at the same time!
Many backgrounds, slicers, and levels to choose from.
Math Practice Flash Cards (4/5 stars)
Math Practice Flash Cards by TeachersParadise.com Studios. A fun game to practice addition, subtraction, multiplication or division.
• Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division.
• Card values can range from 0-35 and are fully customizable per quiz.
• Answer can be Multiple Choice or entered though the Numeric Keypad.
• Clean user interface.
• Stores the last time and performance for each quiz.
• The last fastest time with a perfect score is displayed to help motivate students practice and improve.
• Negative answers are allowed.
• Students can redo a missed cards until correct.
• Parents and educators can preset the card decks and limit the number of cards per practice quiz.
• Fun mode and sounds are available to keep early learners entertained while they learn.
• Speed mode lets the student reach the next question without animations.
• Comes preset with 4 card decks.
• Grades: PreK-8
* * *
Tech Tip of the Week: If You Google Someone, Will They Know?
* * *