The Visible Body Human Anatomy Atlas (4/5 stars, guidance suggested, currently priced at $24.99) is one of the more costly apps in Amazon’s App Store, but just wait till you see it in action (video demonstration is provided below)! For high school and college students studying basic anatomy or physiology, as well as anyone who’s simply interested in learning more about the human body, this interactive anatomy textbook is well worth the price. From Amazon:
Worldwide #1 medical app bestseller. Visible Body Human Anatomy Atlas is a gross anatomy reference app with over 3,400 structures from all systems in the male and female human body. Provides a powerful visual reference tool for healthcare professionals and a lab-like study aid for students. Used by thousands of college and universities worldwide.
This app includes:
– Full 3D function. Rotate models, zoom in and out, add and remove structures.
– The ability to create and save your own views, and annotate and share images.
– Over 3,400 highly-textured 3D models from all body systems.
– Structure pronunciations and definitions that explain location, form, function and physiology of structures.
– Hundreds of quiz questions.
– Medgadget calls the graphics, “nothing short of breath-taking.” (medgadget.com)
– Ranked #1 by iMedicalApps! “Rarely does an app come along and knock my socks off. . . Ideal for students and teachers of anatomy, as well as for patient education.” (imedicalapps.com)
– – – – –
This short video demonstrates use of the app on a 7″ Android tablet (such as the Kindle Fire), and it’s pretty impressive.
The Visible Body Human Anatomy Atlas is the must-have study aid for students of human anatomy.