Today’s Amazon Free App of the Day is a real winner! It’s Jump Desktop (4.5/5 stars, normally priced at $9.99 but FREE today only), and it’s one of those apps that allows you to remotely access and control your desktop or laptop computer. From Amazon:
Leave your laptop behind. Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere.
Jump Desktop is a remote desktop application that lets you control your computer from your phone or tablet. Compatible with both RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up. Features include a streamlined user interface that gives you the best possible remote desktop experience on any of your mobile devices.
Easy setup, and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to configure; anyone can do it! Just visit: http://jumpdesktop.com/go on your PC or Mac and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Secure and built on open standards:
Jump Desktop is a true RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) and VNC (Virtual Network Computing) client. You don’t need to download additional software to connect to your machine if you already have RDP or VNC configured. Just enter your IP address or hostname to connect.
Unleash the full power of your phone or tablet while connected to your computer. Multitouch ready – pinch-to-zoom and two finger scrolling make controlling your computer easy and productive. Jump’s multi-threaded rendering engine has been fine tuned for Android. Jump’s VNC and RDP decoding is one of the fastest you’ll find on Android. If you need help, visit http://support.jumpdesktop.com or email us at: email@example.com
• Multi-protocol: supports RDP and VNC
• Multi-touch ready: Pinch-zoom, two finger scrolling, mouse dragging all supported. Even three finger taps are supported to quickly show and hide the keyboard.
• Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access using Wi-Fi and 3G without worrying about your router settings. Set up as many computers as you like and manage them all using your Google account (optional)
• SSH Tunnel support (new!)
• The best external keyboard and mouse support on Android: Supports all external keyboard keys and shortcuts. Right mouse clicks supported too with external mice – all natural, PC like!
• Universal application: Works on tablets and phones – buy it only once and use it on all your Android devices
• Full support for multitasking: Switch to other apps without disconnecting
• Supports large custom screen resolution
• Full mouse support: left and right clicks, dragging, scrolling, precision pointer movement
• Tested on: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, SBS Server
• Secure: 40/56/128bit RDP, TLS/SSL, FIPS and NLA authentication support
• Supports 8, 16 and 24-bit colors and all RDP performance options
• Multiple monitor support on Windows 7 and above
• Console sessions
• Audio streaming
• Tested with Mac OS X, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
•? Secure: Supports SSL encryption when used with Jump’s automatic setup instructions: http://jumpdesktop.com/go
• 8 and 16-bit color
• OS X Screen Sharing support
• Multiple monitor support
• Supported encodings: copyrect, zrle, tight, (zlib)hextile, zlib, rre, raw, desktop-resize
Jump Desktop – get it today while it’s Amazon’s Free App of the Day!