Here are the current, top 5 bestselling paid game apps in Amazon’s App Store, in order:
1. Scribblenauts Remix (4/5 stars, all ages, currently priced at 99 cents) In this game, the player draws objects that can be used to solve puzzles and help the main character Maxwell reach areas he can’t get to on his own.
THINK IT! CREATE IT! SOLVE IT! The award-winning, best-selling video game is now available for Android devices.
Help Maxwell acquire the Starite by creating any object, bringing it to life and using it to solve each challenge.
Let your imagination run wild in this groundbreaking puzzle game. Summon to life a ‘colossal, winged car’ or a ‘shy, frost-breathing, robotic hippopotamus’! If you can think it, you can create it.
It’s the perfect game for the casual player looking for fun and extensive replay with unlimited solutions and different outcomes. Or, the Scribblenauts fan wanting the complete Maxwell experience.
Whether you’re 8 or 80, the only limit is your imagination!
And, the critics love it!
> “Editors’ Choice Award” – IGN.com
> “A work of utter genius.” – Touch Arcade
> “A brilliant game.” – Wired.com
> “4/4 Stars. A highly recommended puzzle game for all ages.” – USA Today
2. Minecraft Pocket Edition (4.5/5 stars, guidance suggested, currently priced at $6.99) In this tablet version of the hugely popular online game, players create their own worlds using blocks, and then play in it however they’d like: build a farm, go on quests, do battle with other players, and more!
Imagine it, build it. Create worlds on the go with Minecraft – Pocket Edition
Minecraft – Pocket Edition allows you to build on the go. Use blocks to create masterpieces as you travel, hangout with friends, sit at the park, the possibilities are endless. Move beyond the limits of your computer and play Minecraft everywhere you go.
* Randomized worlds
* Build anything you can imagine
* Build with several different kinds of blocks
* Invite and play with friends to your world (local wireless network)
* Save multi-player worlds on your own phone
3. Plants vs. Zombies Kindle Tablet Edition (4.5/5 stars, all ages, currently priced at 99 cents)
Get ready to soil your plants! The hit PopCap® game comes to Android at last. Forget shotguns, flamethrowers, and cricket bats. A well-tended garden is your best defense against a rampaging horde of undead. Keep the zombies at bay with an array of deadly plants and well-aimed lawnmowers. With Plants vs. Zombies, the fun never dies!
• Enjoy a horticultural new twist on tower defense gameplay
• See the undead shamble across your lawn with charmingly gruesome graphics and animations
• Upgrade your army with the help of Crazy Dave
• Cultivate your garden for a yield of killer crops
Send the undead back to their graves by pummeling them with an army of fearsome flora. Earn achievements and cash, then save up to buy new upgrades for your defenses. Don’t wait too long, though: these unexpected houseguests are demanding to be fed, and brains are on the menu…
• Conquer all 50 levels of Adventure mode–through day, night, and fog, in a swimming pool, and on the rooftop
• Battle 26 types of zombies including pole-vaulters, snorkelers, and bucket-heads
• Earn 49 powerful perennials and collect coins to buy lawnmowers, rakes, and other deadly gardening implements
• Open the Almanac to see all the plants and zombies, plus amusing “facts” and quotes
• Collect 10 fun-dead achievements
• Hilarious graphics, great soundtrack, and a bonus music video
4. Jumping Finn Turbo – Adventure Time (4.5/5 stars, guidance suggested due to crude humor, currently priced at 99 cents)
What time is it? ADVENTURE TIME!
Kick, bounce, and blast Finn as far as you can in Jumping Finn Turbo!
RESCUE THE PRINCESS!
The Ice King has kidnapped Princess Bubblegum… again! Finn needs to get to the Ice Kingdom fast. Luckily, Jake has a plan: Kick him there! Send Finn flying all the way to the Ice Kingdom to rescue PB. Get ready for an aerial adventure!
KICK SOME DIGITAL BOO-TAY!
Can you handle the kick-butt reality of Jumping Finn Turbo?! Kick Finn’s buns to send him soaring into the atmosphere. But he can’t make it all the way across the Land of Ooo on his own. Fill the sky with birds, rainbows, comets, and your favorite Adventure Time characters like Marceline, Lady Rainicorn, and Blastronaut! Buy upgrades to send Finn flying higher and farther than ever before!
Watch out for the Ice King’s flying hench-penguins. Tap them before they have the chance to freeze Finn solid. Not cool, man!
Heck yeah! Jumping Finn Turbo has been optimized with detailed, new backgrounds, and high-resolution graphics. Adventure Time has never looked this good. Your eyeballs will thank you.
Launch into adventure with Jumping Finn Turbo!
5. Cut the Rope (4.5/5 stars, all ages, currently priced at 99 cents)
Swipe your finger across the ropes to release delicious bundles of candy into Om Nom’s mouth. As you keep your new companion’s sweet tooth satisfied, be sure to collect shiny gold stars to unlock new levels. Play through a range of different box types–Cardboard, Fabric, Gift Box, Toy Box and others–each with interesting new gameplay mechanics to keep you coming back for more.
Join more than 50 million others who have enjoyed the fun, casual gameplay of this critically acclaimed puzzler.
Cut the Rope is a puzzle game with a simple premise: a little monster named Om Nom arrives on your doorstep in a box labeled “Feed with Candy.” To satisfy Om Nom’s sweet tooth, simply cut the rope–you’ll find it’s easier said than done when enemies and obstacles await you.
•Enjoy ad-free gameplay with this premium version of Cut the Rope
•Solve puzzles in different ways: the quickest path to feeding Om Nom may not yield the most points
•Use the touchscreen to interact with puzzles: cut ropes, pop bubbles, and use other contraptions to your advantage
•Climb the leaderboards and unlock achievements with fully integrated Scoreloop support
PLEASE NOTE: This app lets you purchase digital content using actual money. On Kindle Fire, you can configure parental controls from the device Settings menu, and then selecting Parental Controls. On Android devices, you can configure in-app purchasing parental controls from the settings menu within the Amazon Appstore.