How to Talk to AnyONE or THOUSANDS: Public Speaking Skills Anyone Can Use to Conquer Public Speaking Fears, Develop Self-Confidence, and Amaze Any Audience
The ultimate public speaking handbook: Tips, techniques, and strategies to help you deliver stellar speeches and harness the power of storytelling.
Around 75% of people rank the fear of public speaking as their number one fear.
This means that public speaking can be more daunting than losing your job, being rejected by someone you’re interested in, or even dying!
If you have a fear of public speaking, then you know how it feels to get up before an audience. Your hands start to shake, your thoughts get jumbled up, and your goal is to just “get through it.”
When you rush through a speech, read a script, or fail to engage your audience, chances are, they will feel unmotivated, bored, or ready for you to finish.
But it doesn’t have to be this way.
Imagine if, in the minutes leading up to a speech, you felt confident and excited about telling your story.
Imagine you were over the moon about sharing information that could change people’s lives.
Despite what you may have heard, few people are born confident speakers. So many great orators and public figures—ranging from Warren Buffett to Mahatma Gandhi—struggled with issues like shyness and introversion.
What they didn’t do, however, is avoid public speaking at all costs, or make the same mistakes each time they had to face an audience.
This thorough guide will provide you with the knowledge and strategies you need to take your fear of public speaking by the horns, connect with your audience, and start seeing public speaking as a magnificent opportunity for reaching, motivating, and inspiring others.
Inside, you will discover:
- The 4 questions you need to ask yourself to discover your purpose and find your “why”
- Practical strategies for overcoming your fear of public speaking, even if you blank in every presentation
- 10 causes of anxiety that create a fear of public speaking—and how to conquer each one of them
- How to harness the power of cognitive-behavioral therapy to reframe negative thoughts into positive ones
- 5 ways to ensure you receive honest, helpful feedback so you can quickly transform your style or content from boring to captivating
- How the PREP method can be a lifesaver if you’re giving an impromptu speech or presentation
- Why storytelling allows you to instantly connect with your audience—and how to craft a story that will keep your audience on the edge of their seats for the entire speech
- 8 factors that enable you to cater your speech to the wants, needs, and beliefs of your audience
- 10 powerful ways to connect with your audience—plus tactics to lean on if you feel like you’re “losing them”
- 5 strategies for calming your nerves in the minutes leading up to the big moment
And so much more.
You don’t need to be extroverted to be a great public speaker.
Nor do you need to have given hundreds of speeches or been the star debater at school to shine at public speaking today.
With the right strategy, you can start seeing public speaking as a wonderful opportunity to touch others and inspire, motivate, and change them for the better.
The journey to becoming a master communicator begins now.