Yesterday we ran a piece on bargain-priced Kindle Fire cases, covers and skins, but today we’re going in the opposite direction to feature Kindle Fire covers and cases that will dress your Fire up to look like a beautiful, handcrafted book or ledger. Scroll down to the section for your Fire model, and feast your eyes!
First Generation Kindle Fire (non-HD)
Verso Prologue Case Cover for Kindle Fire (4.5/5 stars, currently priced at $24.99) – available in tan or red, you can make your color selection on the product page.
• Certified Made for Kindle Accessory (Kindle Fire). The Prologue cover was specifically designed for Kindle Fire.
• Lightweight and exceptionally sturdy construction. No unnecessary bulk.
• Microfiber interior lining protects your Kindle fire screen. Slim pocket for essentials.
• Specially designed corner strap system features long-life elastic straps with no-slip silicone. Strap length, tension, and placement are custom-engineered to hold onto the Kindle Fire and not let go. (If you are looking for a cover to take the Kindle Fire in and out of frequently, we suggest a sleeve.)
Like the literary palate of the reading public, the Verso Prologue e-reader might also require a short breaking-in period. But that’s because it’s hand constructed of super-durable, high-quality materials. Namely, animal-friendly “leather” on the outside. Don’t worry; you won’t miss the cow. You will quite pleased with the classy look, supple feel, and impressive durability of the Prologue. A hand distressed finish, carefully embossed embellishments, and antique foil stampings add sophistication.
On the inside, advanced microfiber engineered for maximum softness cradles your device when closed while patent-pending silicone-enhanced corner elastic straps hold it in place—a grip guaranteed for the lifetime of your device.
Verso Prologue Marbled Blue for Kindle Fire (4.5/5 stars, currently priced at $24.99)
This cover is also from Verso, and has the same features and description as their Prologue model, except that this cover features an antique-look marbled paper inlay.
See the image at right.
Verso Artist Series Case Cover for Kindle Fire, Cities, Red (4.5/5 stars, currently priced at $28.31)
Artist Sharyn Sowell often works as an artist on board cruise ships, so she spends a lot of time traveling all over the world for work. “I found myself musing over the cities I’ve visited, thinking how some are breathtakingly beautiful, some haunting and mysterious, some serene,” says Sharyn. “Places fascinate me because they are the essence of the people who inhabit them.”
With the Verso Cities e-reader cover, Sharyn used fluid calligraphic letterforms to ink the names of cities she loves, cities she still wanted to visit, and cities she found compelling or fascinating. Much like a good book, she says, arriving in a city opens you up to its unique world of complexity and culture.
Wherever your travels take you, the Verso Cities e-reader cover is designed to stand up to the rigors of the journey. The synthetic cover stands up well to bouncing around in luggage while the interior is lined with advanced microfiber that provides maximum softness where it contacts your e-reader. An interior pocket keeps important documents or receipts, and silicone-striped corner elastic straps will firmly grip your e-reader for the lifetime of the device—guaranteed.
Verso Urban Calligraphy Case Cover by Sisters Gulassa (4.5/5 stars, currently priced at $34.99)
• Sturdy cover protects your Kindle Fire from damage
• Soft, suede-like interior with full pocket for holding receipts or travel documents
• Corner elastics provide a snug fit for your device without impairing functionality
• Stylish design allows you to reflect your personal style
The sisters Gulassa approached the design for this e-reader cover as an opportunity to celebrate the beauty of these two distant cousins of typographic art (calligraphy and graffiti) in a way that is uniquely their mark. They hope it will inspire you to leave yours.
Kindle Fire HD 7″
The same Verso Artist Series Cities Red cover and Prologue (tan or red) covers described and pictured above are both available for the Kindle Fire HD 7″ (be sure to use the links in this section to get to the correct product page on Amazon). Both are currently priced at $29.99 and have an average review rating of 4.5/5 stars. Here’s an additional choice:
Verso Trends Versailles Damask Case for Kindle Fire HD 7″ (4.5/5 stars, currently priced at $29.99)
• Certified “Made for Kindle” Accessory for Kindle Fire HD 7″ (will not fit Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire HD 8.9″)
• Sturdy yet trim cover protects devices from damage
• Patent-pending corner elastics provide a snug fit for devices without impairing functionality
Compared to damask, blue jeans and red lipstick are babies in the pantheon of true classics. One of the five basic patterns of the Islamic and Byzantine weaving centers of the early middle ages, for over 1000 years, everyone from kings to paupers have adorned themselves and their environments with variations of it.
These days, you’ll see it commonly produced in mono-color silks and linens, featuring floral, fruit, and other organic motifs. But for the damask-inspired Verso Versailles e-reader cover, we decided to fire up the way-back machine to 14th century France when damask was more about interesting and decorative shapes…while integrating an edgy modern aesthetic.
The result: a transformation of your e-reader from techie gadget to versatile stylish accessory…one you’ll be happy to show off on your daily commute, no matter who’s in the next seat over.
Kindle Fire HD 8.9″
The Versailles cover and Prologue (tan) cover described and pictured above are both available for the Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ (be sure to use the links in this section to get to the correct product page on Amazon), but these include a built-in stand function. Both are currently priced at $39.99 and have an average review rating of 4.5/5 stars. Here’s an additional choice:
Bear Motion ® Premium 100% Genuine Leather Case for Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ (5/5 stars, currently priced at $19.99)
Available in brown (pictured below) only for the Kindle Fire HD 8.9″.
• Please note: Once you install your Kindle Fire in the case, always allow one hour for the leather to break in. That will make the case fit perfectly. (Put it on the table with front cover facing down)
• 100% Real Cowhide Leather – Designed and Made specially for Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Inch Tablet
• Built in stand for multiple viewing angles. Built in Loop for Stylus/ Pen (Stylus NOT included)
• Wake or put your device to sleep by opening or closing the case